Get Help

If you are in New York City and need help right now, call 311.

311 is New York City's main source of government information and non-emergency services.

  • Call 311 for information and referrals for social services provided by nonprofit and community-based organizations in New York City.
  • All calls to 311 are answered by a live operator, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
  • Immediate access to translation services in over 170 languages is available.

In addition, the following helplines can assist you in locating services:

Do you need help with HOUSING COURT?

Housing Court Answers
(212) 962-4795

Do you need help getting FOOD?

Hunger Hotline
(866) 888-8777

Do you need to report ABUSE?

Safe Horizon's Domestic Violence Hotline
(800) 621-HOPE (4673)

Child Help - National Child Abuse Hotline
(800) 422-4453

NY State Child Abuse & Maltreatment Hotline State Central Register
(800) 342-3720